Monday, December 29, 2008

World Congress of Psychotherapy in Beijing


In mid-October I attended the World Congress of Psychotherapy in Beijing. It was a huge international conference sponsored by a UN Non-governmental organization. In addition to many Chinese psychotherapists it was attended by therapists from all over the world. I stayed in a Chinese hotel adjacent to the Bird's Nest (pictured above from the window of my room). I was able to go running through the Olympic village every morning.

The conference opened in traditional Chinese fashion with a lion dance and acrobats.

I was able to see and visit with one of my favorite graduate school professors, Nancy McWilliams pictured next to me below along with another Rutgers student of hers who is on the faculty of Peking University, Ping Yao.

It was very exciting to see in person two of my CBT idols, David Clark and David Barlow.



No comments: