Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lauren's May/June update

What I've been doing: I have continued to do yoga once per week at Y+ in the city and usually one day per week in the compound. I also usually attend step aerobics in the compound once per week and a circuit training class once per week with a great personal trainer who lives in the compound. Those classes are really fun and keep me in the loop with the neighborhood news. I have also been running inside the compound and along one street outside the compound, which is always interesting....

I have continued with flower arranging weekly and you can see more of my arrangements below:


I frequently use the motortrycle to bring them home.


I've continued with Chinese 2x per week, sometimes taking my tutor on field trips for immersion practice. I'm a little stymied by the fact that I have used up all my index cards and so have not been able to make new flash cards for the last several weeks. We cannot locate index cards anywhere in China. Funny!

I've been visiting the fabric market once per week for the last several weeks and now have an entire new wardrobe of t-shirts and have begun getting school clothes and dresses made for the girls. I've had great luck bringing their favorite clothes in (dresses, etc.) and getting copies that are slightly larger and in new materials. For Allison this has allowed her to wear her favorite pants (now copied in navy) to school. I've also gotten some skirts and jackets for myself and some shirts made for Eric. It's quite fun to be able to exercise some creativity on your clothing and get something that's exactly the fabric you want and fits perfectly!

I finally have about 5 friends and I am able to spend time with them as well.

No comments: