Wednesday, May 14, 2008

More April happenings

Eric and I made some Chinese friends (through his work contacts) and they took us to a jazz concert at the Jin Mao tower. These musicians spent a lot of time explaining to the Chinese audience about jazz because it's not a type of music they're familiar with.

Here's a scene from my Chinese lesson. The Chinese have words for "3 days ago and 3 days from now." Today is jintian. Tomorrow is mingtian. The day after is houtian. Then dahoutian.

Jumble loves getting into the baby toys!! Smart dog, huh!
I took two shopping tours through the community center. We visited commodity markets, flower markets, and food markets. This is a rather gross "wet market," which is where most Chinese shop, rather than at supermarkets. (When I get the rest of Danielle's pictures I will have some more interesting photos about wet markets.) The Chinese love everything fresh and don't waste any animal parts.

No comments: