Although I cannot convey in pictures the enormousness of Carrefour I did try to take some pictures of the crowds. This is the probably the largest chain of "hypermarkets." It sells everything from tissues to live turtles (for cooking) to cashmere and is organized by minds that think very differently from ours -- for instance, the paper towels and toilet paper are in entirely different areas of the store; the laundry room fixtures (eg drying racks) are nowhere near the cleaning implements (eg mops) which themselves are several aisles away from all the cleaning products (eg detergent). And we've bought about six different things which we thought were dishtowels, but aren't. I'm usually so overwhelmed and exhausted by the time I make it around to the fresh food that I can't even begin to look for anything on my list.


These are the lines at the checkstands. There are 60 check lines. I waited about 30 minutes in line this week (granted it was almost Chinese New Year).


This was a funny ad for Dreyers ice cream at the checkstand.

Just in case you didn't believe me, here is the cashmere aisle just in front of the checkstands.
No comments:
Post a Comment